Friday, September 11, 2009

WOODHULL COMMUNITY DAYS 5K

BUS LEAVES: 7:30am...we will meet in front of the pool doors. Only varsity athletes will be riding the bus.

BUS RETURNS: I am not sure. I would like the athletes to have some time to check out the 'goings on' at Community Days. A good estimate for arrival back in Addison would be NOON.

RACE TIME: 9:00am

LOCATION: The race begins near the Woodhull cheese factory (The Golden Age Cheese Co.).

COURSE: This course is an 'out and back' course. It is deceptively challenging.

MODIFIED: Modified athletes will not have enough practices to legally compete as an Addison team member. You may, however, compete--as long as you pay the $5 entry fee and provide your own transportation.

FOOD BANK: Part of the entry fee for this race is ONE CANNED GOOD. All athletes should raid the pantry and bring in one food item to donate to a local food bank.

NOTE: We are using this race as a WORKOUT. We have nothing to prove on Saturday. We have no set goals for times--it will be a slow course. We are using this as a workout only. I would like to see athletes run this at TEMPO(T) pace. A TEMPO(T) run would be the pace you can handle for a 10k race. Parents, please help me out with this. We really need to try and pull the reins in on the athletes. This is a meaningless race for us as far as the big picture is concerned. We need to get out of this weekend injury free. We need to have fun at this race. I have a master training plan for the season, and I need your support in carrying it out. It may not always make sense to you, but it always works. I have coached this sport for nineteen years. I have been around this sport, literally, my entire life. It is all about the end of the season.

No comments: